Monday, August 6, 2012

The Best Thing About Being Married to a Chef

I was recently asked, by Kerilyn from Marriedtoachef.com, what was the best part of being married to a chef.  Well that got me thinking... 
Usually when I am thinking about something I look either ill or ticked off, so all this morning Eric kept asking me what's wrong but he wouldn't take "nothing" for an answer.  Unfortunately if I were to tell him what I was thinking it would go to his head. Here are some of my answers.

You don't have to be worried about eating too much in front of your chef.

You can be honest about how something tastes.

If you need to lose those last stubborn 10lbs work with your chef for a couple of weeks. They melt off, honest!!!!

You now know so much more about selecting quality ingredients at your local supermarket and stands. You just smirk to yourself when you see someone pick an overripe tomato.

You can create dishes without being slave to the recipe card. Substitution is the key to favorite food creations! (example my Post Christmas Eve soup that I make from the leftover veggie platter)

You can make apple butter better than your favorite restaurant.

You spot budget draining products at the grocery store and avoid them at all cost.

Your chef teaches you so much that your meals become healthier with every year your together.
(I used to be the potato flake queen, I am now the Real Mashed Potato Queen!!!)

Your chef shows there love for you every time they cook for you because you know they put their everything into it.

They are energetic, passionate people.





1 comment:

  1. I love this. It's so easy to focus on the things that are difficult about being married to a chef. Thanks for the reminders about the good things. :-)

    ReplyDelete